NRG Energy Geophysicist Resume’s
Intelli-Source Candidate # NA-4851717351
Oil Asset Manager – Reservoir Engineer
Development oil and gas engineer with 25 years of experience in maximizing Oil and Gas assets, analyzing oil and gas investments, building complex field & financial models, bridging technology, and global project management.
- Exceptional technical analysis skills: Technical & financial experience as a staff and supervisory Reservoir Engineer with major and smaller oil companies. Research experience at MIT and Yale Universities and Occidental. Example – Russian Oil and Gas investment – valued at $579 Million successfully developed.
- experienced Oil Assets manager: Maximize oil investments by finding opportunities, creating dynamic field acquisition options, developing efficient solutions and system metrics for operating units in multiple industries (Oil & Gas and Energy). Valuation team member of group that valued assets for two IPOs.
- Seamless Process Specialist: Skilled at entering organizations and supporting company’s change process by identifying and adding value. Facilitated review of National Hungarian Oil Company’s Producing Fields and Commercial and Industrial facilities valued in excess of $389 million.
- Team Manager: Strong melding approach to managing communication with senior management, operations, and asset management team, and investors. 12+ years managing multi-disciplinary teams (100+) through deadline sensitive and complex ($100 million+) venture development process.
- Green/Alternative Energy Expert–National Speaker: 25+ years providing consulting, field oversight, and structured financing for environmentally sensitive projects and facilities internationally and in the US.
Confidential Company (2000 – Present)
- Senior Engineer for Pacific Rim with responsibility for developing new investment projects, business modeling and metrics, pre- and post- funding support, for the venture fund and business partners worldwide. Recommended fund acquisition of non-US Oil and Gas, Real Estate, and Energy investments.
- Oil and other projects developed include a number of “Concept to Completion” projects. Large scale projects include seven projects valued from $117 to $334 million – Russia, Brazil, Eurasia, and China.
- Assist Asian Funds with investments in the US and US investors internationally several groups with Workouts and Acquisitions, reserve valuations and deal structuring of Oil and Energy Assets ($100 M+).
- Reservoir Engineering analysis (2008) includes Technical Lead for acquisition evaluation of Eastern Europe heavy oil and Mississippi fields including reserve & economic evaluation, drilling, waterflood, & workover plans.
- Direct high impact analysis of Environmental and Energy Cost Reduction opportunities projects including new technology, power plants, and environmental microbial cleanup projects in US, Eurasia, and Pacific Rim.
Confidential Company (2001)
- · Developed electricity price forecasting/simulation system for large utility to support macro and micro decisions power scheduling. Simultaneously taught Finance and International Business as Associate Professor at WIU.
Major University – Guest Lecturer, New Orleans, LA (1998–2000)
- Reviewed and approved designs of deep water Oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico. Guest Lectured at Major University.
Confidential Company, Dallas, TX (1992 – 1997)
Development and Reservoir Engineer
- Developed one of five top Russian Oil projects showcased by US VP Al Gore & Russian PM Chernomyrdin.
- Development team successfully analyzed, negotiated, acquired, structured, and developed several Russian Oil fields with real estate properties with net value of $637 million and grew from 3 employees to several hundred.
- · Responsibilities included field development plans and budgets & reserves valuation of 1+ Billion Bbls of oil fields. Developed complex structure models and financials including sensativity studies, history matching, and reservoir simulation of new and partially depleted reservoirs, and exploration assets acquisition with limited data.
- Worked with geoscientists recommending numerous new-drill, overlooked zones and structure opportunities.
- · Designed & implemented high profile solution for enviromental cleanup problem for several oil fields.
Confidential Company, Tulsa, OK (1986-1992)
Senior Reservoir Engineer
- Managed technical analysis and valuation of oil and gas assets valued in excess of $397 million.
- National internal expert on best practices for technical review and organization-wide technology upgrades.
- Technical analysis included volumetric field valuation and economic analysis (ARIES) of several hundred oil properties in OK and Texas. Reservoir modeling included material balance, history matching, and reservoir simulation, and optimization of reservoir depletion planning including secondary and tertiary EOR techniques.
Confidential Company, Budapest, Hungary (1991)
- Developed restructure plan including technical groups transition program and oil asset audit for national oil company with 30,000 employees and international operations shifting from socialist to international standards.
OCCidental Petroleum, Tulsa, OK (1984-1986)
Corporate Strategic Planner and Research Associate
- Management team developed strategic plan and production optimization program for west coast field.
- Performed petrophysical analysis of core samples for sweep efficiency and stress fracing of international fields.
exxon/Mobil, Midland & Houston, TX (1980-1983)
Regional Economic Analyst & Strategic Planner
- Completed optimization study of Permian waterflood programs; reduced operating expenses by 15%.
|MBA – Finance University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OKBS in Petroleum Engineering University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OKBS in Systems Engineering (Equiv.) University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK
BA in History & Economics (Equiv.)Trinity College, Hartford, CT
ARIES, ARGUS, Quest Project Estimation, MS Office 2007, MS Project
SPE, CFA Institute, CCIM, Rotary International
Tags: 3D, :intitle, :inurl, APEGGA, ARGUS, Aries, bilingual engineer resume, CV, drilling, E & P engineer resume, energy, engineer, Engineer Resume, Engineering, Exploration, Geologist, Geology, geoscientist cv, GOM, houston, MBA, MS Office 2007, MS Project, offshore, oil asset, Petrel, Petroleum, petroleum engineer, Petroleum Engineering, petrophysics, Production, Quest Project Estimation, Reserves, reservior engineer, reservoir, Resume, Seismic, Seismic Data, subsurface, Texas, TX
Energy Resume Energy CV Senior Reservoir Engineer experienced in Drilling, Completion, Production and Operations
Intelli-Source Candidate # NA-1295479029
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- · Diversified petroleum engineering experience including Reservoir, Drilling, Completion, Production, and Operations.
- · Reservoir management, pressure transient analysis, fluid property analysis, numerical reservoir simulation, reservoir characterization, understanding of surface/facility issues, and excellent knowledge of production engineering.
- · Extensive experience with decline curve, volumetric, and material balance reserve evaluation, surveillance analysis, nodal analysis, and well test analysis.
- · Strong experience in optimization of mature fields, field development planning, well performance forecast and modeling, forecast production and reserve estimation, risk and economic analysis.
- · Experience with open and cased hole log analysis.
- · Uncommon organizational skills to plan and execute studies.
- · Excellent communication skills-written, verbal, and presentation.
- · Remarkable ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams consisting of drilling, completion, reservoir, and production engineers.
Contract Petroleum Engineer 2009 – Present
Developed program to return 400 Panhandle Field wells to production for a small independent oil company that purchased 17 leases in Carson and Hutchinson County, Texas. Determined repair work of production equipment ranging from tank batteries, flowlines, pumping units tubing, rods, and downhole pumps needed to return wells to production. Prepared detailed workover procedures including additional perforations, stimulation, cost estimates, and established priorities for returning inactive wells to production. Reactivation of first ten wells increased production from 20 BOPD & 50 MCFD to over 50 BOPD and 125 MCFD at a cost of $6,500 per well.
Consulting Engineer 1994 – 2009
Worked with Sol Smith Petroleum Engineer Inc. in Austin, Texas. Prepared Railroad Commission research, walk-through permitting, State agency research, and regulatory compliance reviews. Provided turn-key saltwater disposal permitting, production and completion report filing, and other professional services and consulting.
Worked with various civil engineering firms and municipalities throughout Central Texas. Designed streets, drainage, and piping required for fresh water and sewer systems for residential and municipal projects. Prepared construction drawings, cost estimates, and engineering reports for City, County, State, and Federal regulatory approval. Reviewed and prepared comments for proposed Planned Development Districts (PDD), annexation, preliminary and final plats, subdivision/site development, and site development plans for compliance with City, County, State, and Federal regulation and acceptable engineering practices. Provided office and field engineering support for all approved water, wastewater, street, and drainage capital improvement projects funded by certificate of obligations. Reviewed and recommended payment for all consulting engineering and construction contract pay requests. Managed and directed daily activity of City’s engineering and inspection personnel.
Senior Petroleum Engineer for J.M. Huber 1982-1994
Provided reservoir, production, drilling, remedial, and completion engineering for all phases of well production from drilling, completion, remedial and workover, and abandonment operations. Worked closely with exploration department to determine potential reserves and economic evaluation of exploration prospects and property acquisitions. Prepared well drilling prognosis specifying total drilling depths, casing sizes, cement and drilling mud programs to allow well to be drilled in accordance to the latest Field and Statewide Rules. Prepared recompletion, workover recommendations and procedures, property evaluations, reservoir studies, reserve and production forecasts, economic analysis, and plugging procedures for company’s exploration and production activities. Evaluated downhole electric logs, determined perforation intervals, and made casing point election recommendations Evaluated producing properties to identify potential unexploited reserves. Worked with engineering consultants on special projects and preparation of annual company reserve reports. Monitored daily production and prepared workover and re-completion procedures to improve production. Worked with production foremen to reduce monthly operating expenses. Prepared final well analysis for marginally economic oil and gas wells. For wells with no uphole recompletion or stimulation potential, recommendations were made to either plug and abandon the property or place it for sale.
Production Engineer for Conoco and Tenneco 1976-1982
Provided a broad scope of subsurface and production engineering in conjunction with exploration and other departments to help maximize the company’s profitability through maintaining production levels and minimizing operating expenses in a safe and environmentally sound manner. Evaluated and recommended downhole corrosion prevention, artificial lift optimization, surface facility expansion, chemical treatment optimization, compression, and automation. Prepared well Repair & Maintenance and workover procedures, cost estimates, project economics, and AFE documentation for submittal to management. Provided onsite technical support to ensure quality control during critical operations such as logging, perforating, cement squeezing, and stimulation. Provided onsite supervision of all special well work operations from drilling to plugging. Ensured compliance with all company policies, procedures and plans with federal, state and local regulations.
COMPUTER SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE
- · MBAL and Oil Water Gas Water Material Balance software.
- · POGO/PROPHET/ARIES/PEEP Economics
- · OFM (Oil Field Manger) Schlumberger software.
- · Knowledge of Saphire, PanSystem, and Welltest 200 Well Test Analysis software
- · Open & Cased Hole Log Analysis Programs
- · FlowMaster Pressure Pipe Design
- · MSWord, Excel, AutoCAD software, 2
Oklahoma State University,
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- · Received major oil company training in reservoir engineering, water flooding operations, artificial lift equipment selection, production system design, open and cased hole logging programs and interpretation, completion and remedial procedures, acidizing and fracturing stimulation techniques, technical writing, and economic analysis.
Tags: :intitle, :inurl, Completion, CV, driling, drilling, E & P engineer resume, energy, engineer, Engineer Resume, Engineering, EOR, Exploration, Geologist, Geology, geosciences, geoscientist, geoscientist cv, GOM, houston, logging, oil, Operations, PDD, petroleum engineer, Petroleum Engineering, petrophysics, Production, railroad commission, reservior engineer, reservoir, Resume, Seismic, Seismic Data, simulation, subsurface, Texas, TX
Candidate # NA-2090714636
- +8 years experienced in classical reservoir engineering, reservoir simulation, numerical modeling, geostatistical reservoir chracterization, well test transient analysis, PVT fluid characterization, chemical EOR flooding, decline curve analysis, material balance application, and economic evaluation.
- Worked in integrated team study at different projects to evaluate alternative development schemes in several operated fields from the perspective of oil recovery and economics.
- Excellent computer skills with a proficient working knowledge of ECLIPSE, CMG, CMOST (uncertainty analysis and automatic history matching), MORE, STARS, UTCHEM, MBAL, PROSPER, DSS, Nodal analysis, GSLIB (geostatistic), MATLAB, FORTRAN, Visual Basic, and MATHEMATICA.
- Experienced in naturally fractured reservoir, well testing, field development project, all aspects of CO2 enhanced oil recovery, gel-polymer, and surfactant flood (wettability alteration).
PhD in Petroleum Engineering, University of Kansas, 2008
Thesis Topic: Improving Reservoir Characterization by Conditioning Geostatistical Models to Dynamic Data using Multivariate Statistical Analysis.
M. Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Tabriz, 1996
Thesis Topic: Modeling and Simulation of Heat Transfer Coefficient in Nucleate Pool Boiling of Binary and Ternary Mixtures.
B. Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Abadan Institute of Technology (AIT), 1993
Programming Numerical Solutions for Governing Partial Differential Equations of fluid Flow through a Pipe by Finite Element Method.
Major Independent Company, Reservoir Engineer (2008-Present)
- Provided reservoir engineering technical input required for CO2 field expansion projects in different fields including development of dynamic reservoir simulations (volumetric analysis, material balance, decline curve, PVT Characterization, SCAL, nodal analysis, well testing analysis) for a wide range of reservoir engineering and integrated reservoir problems.
- Provided technical and analytical support to the various groups in the company including:
- Houston Business Development Group: Contribute to team development proposals, economic evaluation of alternative development plans for prospective fields for acquisition.
- Midland Eastern Shelf Team: Worked directly with Eastern Shelf Team to define optimum development scenarios in the CO2 EOR process for several fields in Texas. Designed and developed simulation models to match the field history and predict future performance under various CO2 flood plans. Performed sensitivity analysis to find an optimum economical plan. Conducted material balance analysis using MBAL to find the type and extent of the aquifer.
- Midland Yates Team: Generated a dual porosity simulation model to investigate mechanism involving in chemical surfactant flooding (wettability alteration). Work closely with Yates team to design and identify two pilots for surfactant flooding for optimum EOR scenario. Simulation study of feasibility of CO2 huff n puff EOR process for west side of the Yates field and perform sensitivity analysis to find optimum economic plan.
- Houston Resource Group: provided technical support by writing a computer program to predict of CO2 well bottom hole pressure for McElmo Dome field.
Same Company, Reservoir Engineer Intern (Summer 2008)
- Performed PVT characterization and develop EOS for Claytonville, Katz, and Yates Fields. Achieve better accuracy and reduce simulation time using components relative to previous models. Build a dual porosity simulation model to match the history of Claytonville field data.
Tertiary Oil Recovery Project (TORP), University of Kansas
Graduate Research Assistant (2002-2008)
Developed a systematic methodology to improve reservoir modeling by conditioning geostatistical models to well test transient dynamic data: a case study from the CO2 flood pilot area in the Hull-Gurney field, Kansas.
- Lead investigator of the PVT characterization of the crude oil sample from Hall-Gurney field using laboratory experiments and simulation to generate EOS.
- Worked in multidisciplinary team to build simulation model of Hall-Gurney field, Kansas. Complete history match of the field data and evaluate alternative development schemes to optimize oil recovery of CO2 flooding.
- Performed decline curve analysis to predict the performance of production wells in the Arbuckle formation prior to gel-polymer treatment.
- Investigated various disproportionate permeability reduction (DPR) mechanisms in gel-polymer treatment process and develop a novel method to predict the well performance after treatment using Bayesian network analysis: a case study for gel-polymer treatment in Arbuckle formation.
Proposals and Publications
Available upon request
Honors and Membership
- Active Member, Society of Petroleum Engineering
Treasurer of SPE chapter of KU
- Distinction of Excellence, University of Tabriz Dept. of Mechanical Engineering- awarded high achiever graduate (1st rank), 1996.
Distinction of Excellence, Abadan Institute of Technology (AIT), Dept. of Mechanical Engineering- Awarded very competitive scholarship for undergraduate study (top 1)
Tags: 2D, 3D, :intitle, :inurl, chemical EOR Flooding, CO2, CV, dpr, drilling, E & P engineer resume, E&P, energy, engineer, Engineer Resume, Engineering, EOR, Exploration, flooding, gas, Geologist, Geology, geosciences, geoscientist, geoscientist cv, geostatistical, geostatistical reservoir characterization, job, MacNRG Energy Jobs, model, Modeling, Nodal Analysis, numerical modeling, offshore, oil, Petrel, petroleum engineer, Petroleum Engineering, petrophysics, PhD, Production, PVT, PVT fluid characterization, Reservior, reservior engineer, reservoir, Resume, scal, Seismic, Seismic Data, Texas, TX, waterflood, well test transient analysis, well testing analysis
Energy Resume Energy CV of Candidate 99120. M.Sc. in Geophysics and Petroleum Engineering. Twenty years of experience in the oil and gas industry. Experienced in seismic processing, structural, stratigraphic, quantitative interpretation, risk analysis, reservoir characterization, reserve estimates in different trap mechanisms, structural styles and petroleum systems. Six years of North American experience. APEGGA member.
2003-2005 M.Sc. Petroleum Engineering, University of Houston, Texas
1985-1987 M.Sc. Applied Geophysics, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria
1981-1984 B.Sc. Physics, University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
2008 Major Independent E&P, Canada
- Pioneered the Kingdom software application set up and used it to evaluate 50 km2 blocks in the Lower Congo Sedimentary Basin.
Senior Seismic Interpreter
1988-2007 Major E&P, Houston
- Evaluated the Bonga North discovery seismic data and quantitative attribute analysis (SFR of 549 MMBO).
- Evaluated 10 deepwater blocks (Top 100 Prospects & Leads) in Tertiary Niger Delta.
- Carried out review in the southwest Mediterranean block for gas development with 2TCF SFR.
- Evaluated the Kamunsu Cluster Basin frontier petroleum system of 2,350 km2 seismic data in Northwest Borneo.
- Carried out Alpha and Foxtrot prospects risking and volumetric (SFR of 200 MMBO).
- Operations Geologist for partner operated blocks drilling, resulting in savings of $2 million USD and divestment from unattractive blocks.
1998-1999 Technology Center, Houston
- Carried out Niger Delta regional structural, stratigraphic and quantitative interpretation (1,400 Prospects & Leads) in 22 Plays in the deep offshore (prolific HC province > 100 Billion BOE).
- Carried out prospectivity of 2 partner operated blocks OPLs 211 & 316 and post drill Engule-1 (59 MMBO, 80 Bcfg), Oberan-1 (196 MMBO) wells.
- Drilled 1 well onshore Gongola basin with sub commercial gas discovery.
- Carried out Ahia Field onshore Nigeria 3D (100 km2) seismic processing.
- Evaluated the Geopusher 3D seismic processing productivity tool.
Team Lead 2D3D Seismic Processing
- Processed Obote 3D (250 km2) seismic onshore Niger Delta.
- Processed 25,000 km of 2D seismic data western Niger Delta.
- Landmark, 123DI, Kingdom, Xstream, Petrel, Strata and AVO.
2009 Hampson Russell Quantitative Interpretation Course, Calgary
2009 Seismic Data Inversion CSEG Course, Calgary
2009 Schlumberger Petrel 2009 Course, Calgary
2009 Geostats for Reservoir Characterization CSEG Course, Calgary
2009 Naturally Fractured Reservoirs CSEG Course, Calgary
2009 Petroleum Geoengineering – SEG/EAEG Course, Calgary
- Member with APEGGA
- Member with CSEG
- Memberwith SPE
- Member with AAPG
- Available upon request.
Tags: 123di, :intitle, :inurl, AAPG, APEGGA, Applied, Applied Geophysics, AVO, Bilingual, CA, Calgary, Canada, CV, E & P engineer resume, E&P, energy, engineer, Geologist, geologist cv, geologist resume, Geophysicist Resume, geosciences, geoscientist, geoscientist cv, geoscientist resume, offshore, oil, petroleum engineer, Petroleum Engineering
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.