Resume CV Candidate NA-1401816250 PhD Chemical Engineering, MBA, Economic Feasibility and Strategic Planning Management experience seeking new Financial or Energy Sector opportunity.
Major Exploration Company 2010 – 2011
Manager of Corporate Development – Rocky Mountain Business Unit
- Developed three acquisition studies of unconventional resource opportunities in the Uinta and Williston Basins, one of which was executed at $310MM for 7000 net acres.
- Developed rail export business model for Uinta Basin black wax, creating alternative refining outlets.
- Oversaw development of business unit capital budgets in excess of $600 million.
- Coordinated and managed the reserves recognition process for 50 million barrels of proven reserves, exceeding goal by 200 percent and doubling business unit’s NPV to nearly $3 billion.
Large Canadian Energy Firm 2008 – 2010
Corporate Strategic Planner
- Provided recommendations to the Executive Team on natural gas supply
- Delivered data and analysis framework for strategic vendor assessments, industry and competitor benchmarking, macroeconomic analyses and price models for risking capital expenditures budget.
- Created and staffed a fundamentals team with four FTEs that identified, validated and analyzed key macro and competitive issues facing natural gas producers in the continental U.S.
Global Provider of Energy Information 2006 – 2008
- Held profit and loss responsibility for operations of firm’s Analytics group with a $12 million budget.
- Restructured forecasting for North American natural gas markets through the introduction of multiple scenario evaluation using natural gas market analysis.
- Supported business development efforts by authoring articles in industry publications, participating in broadcast and print media interviews and speaking at industry conferences.
- Developed a decline analysis methodology for global basin analysis used for oil supply forecasting.
- Directed the supply forecasting and market analysis group of twelve FTEs and four interns.
Major US Engineering University 2003 – 2006
Associate Professor of Petroleum Engineering
- Published two articles and two book chapters on options analyses and investment under uncertainty.
- Developed and taught five undergraduate and graduate courses on petroleum economics and Options.
- Developed and taught Petroleum Engineering Fluid Mechanics and Advanced Reservoir Engineering.
- Taught Advanced Reservoir Engineering at University Middle East campus.
- Oversaw two graduate research theses on reserves estimation methodologies.
Large Hedge Fund Capital Management Firm 2005 – 2006
Petroleum Investments Advisor
- Advised on oil and gas investment opportunities including deal structure, risked reserve estimation and cash flow forecasting.
- Guided the purchase of two late-stage oil fields and two development-stage gas leases using fundamental reservoir engineering analyses for residual oil/gas in place estimates and production profile forecasting.
Energy Risk and Investment Consulting Firm 1999 – 2003
- Provided exploration and development risk quantification and investment management consulting to more than twenty international petroleum firms, including Shell, Anadarko, Halliburton, Lukoil and BP.
- Recommendations led to platform construction, bids on offshore leases and field service contracts, and development drilling projects ranging from $120 million to $2.5 billion.
- Identified clients, marketed services, managed program and delivered recommendations to C-level management. Annual billing $400,000
Major Oil and Gas Corporation 1988-1999
E&P Division Planning – Economics and Investment Risk Advisor
- Led capital and reserves management in Company’s E&P Long Range Strategic Planning Model.
- Provided guidance and risk quantification to operating units on capital project economics and exploration programs as well as M&A and New Ventures investment programs.
- Developed a new investment decision analysis tool based on options concepts with stage-gating the finding and development process from exploration to first-oil.
- Performed economic analysis of risked resources in preparation for promotion to reserves category.
- Developed Company’s tracking program for an “in-ground” oil and gas inventory of 23+ billion barrels of oil equivalent to insure efficient movement and monetization.
- Led a group of five planning staff responsible for a $65 million research budget.
- Developed fit-for-purpose miscible flood programs for company’s assets around the world using petrophysics, PVT and reservoir simulation tools.
Principal – Reserves Management
Planning Manager – Global Upstream R&D
Research Group Director – Miscible Processes
Atlantic Richfield Corporation 1978-1988
Research Team Lead
Led a team of six engineers in developing improved sweep efficiency process for miscible injectants.
MBA, Strategy and Finance Southern Methodist University
PhD, Chemical Engineering University of Illinois
M.S., Chemical Engineering University of Illinois
B.S., Chemical Engineering Kansas State University
Other Skills and Achievements
- Published more than 30 articles in academic and industry refereed publications such as Energy Economics, JPT, Journal of Chromatographic Science and Journal of Rheology.
- Delivered more than 100 presentations and lectures at conferences such as Society of Petroleum Engineers Annual and Economics meetings, S&P Energy Annual Conference and US Energy Economists’ Annual Meeting.
- Made regular appearances on broadcast media such as Bloomberg, CBS national news and local networks discussing oil and energy markets. [Media-trained by former CNN on-air business correspondent]
- Quoted in Wall Street Journal, Boston Globe, International Herald Tribune and the Associated Press on oil and gas issues while Chief Economist.
- Chosen by Department of Energy to serve as a member of the Economics focus group which contributed to the 2007 National Petroleum Council report.
- Contributed to two books on E&P risk management issues.
Member, Society of Petroleum Engineers
Member, International Association of Energy Economists
Active international traveler— work on petroleum projects in 32 countries on 6 continents
Avid downhill skier and mountain climber—17 of Colorado’s fourteen thousand foot peaks
References available upon request.