Energy Resume Energy CV MS Reservoir Engineer extensive Canadian and China Exploration Evaluation Experience IOR EOR
Energy Resume Energy CV of Candidate 99117. M.S. Reservoir Engineering with experience as a Reservoir, Exploration and Evaluations Engineer. Extensive experience in reservoir engineering in oil operation, gas exploration and underground gas storage. Technical skills included waterflood study, depletion and development planning, IOR and EOR.
Skills & Experience:
2008 – 2009 Reservoir Engineer, Canada
- Maintain SPS US gas storage asset reservoir work- update historical SI pressure analysis, gas sample , water test , flow test and spinner survey summary, tracing water production issue and SPS injection and withdrawal performance strategy, well performance, workover and recompletion review
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of natural gas storage fields, weekly reported to monitor field and well response to injections, withdrawals, and shut-ins to ensure the integrity of the reservoir and the gas inventories; establish well backpressure C, N model to monitor pressure and flow limits for the injection and withdrawal cycles; perform periodic inventory verification studies
- Inventory verification – collect, evaluate and analyze BHP pressure and inventory data, develop P/Z Vs. inventory graphs for SPS gas inventory verification; develop a aquifer model for SPS water drive gas reservoir and estimation of aquifer effect to reservoir capability; corrected pipeline fuel gas Inventory for WGS US asset
- Deliverability assurance – assist in developing and utilizing a predictive reservoir capability model( Nodal analysis and exponent ional decline curve) to forecast future well and field gas production, recommended SPS well withdrawal targets
- Well performance evaluation- identification of work over candidate on existing wells/reservoir (perfs, acid treatment, gas control), recommend SPS 4 wells recompletion and 4 wells acid treatment; Perform post-well work over evaluations of projected reserves and production, initial increased WGV 1.5 Bcf by workover project
- Development and implementation of SPS reservoir models to maintain and enhance the deliverability as well as the potential expanded storage capacity. Mini-data Frac analysis and build gas storage injection reservoir model; Combined reservoir models and revised compressor testing curve as well pressure loss mathematic model to forecast SPS max potention extra injectivity 3 bcf
- Dewater assessment project, improved MBE model and gas loss model for Suffield I pool gas migration issue and additional 2 bcf inventory
2003 – 2007 Staff Engineering Technologist, Large Energy Firm, Canada
- Calculated light oil water flood field voidage replacement of enhanced recovery schemes; provided quarterly water injection targets for the field (111 nine-sport pattern and 9 HZ injectors) as well as group production performance for the 9 HZ injectors.
- Revised the waterflood strategy by adjusting the waterflood injection rate and pattern design, thereby reducing the injection rate by 600 m3/d, which greatly reduced water treatment costs, and controlled the water cut which had been increasing at 1% per year.
- Conducted 3 pool depletion plan studies. Participated in the development of detailed reservoir engineering studies and reservoir simulation for drilling 18 HZ injectors in the Valhalla Doe Creek I Pool (2000 BOE/D), the Valhalla Halfway C 3 well conversion and waterflood reactivation project as well as the Valhalla Charlie Lake waterflood assessment.
- Conducted production optimization , annual 400+ well review and well packer isolation failure review, stimulation injectors and provided workover, completion suggestions and reserves estimation.
- Provided reservoir engineering support and reserves estimation for exploitation, completion and workover including Belloy formation, Charlie Lake, Doe Creek, Halfway C (Method: volumetric oil & gas, decline analysis, material balance oil & P/Z)
- Coordinated the 61 well annual pressure survey, BHP report and pas file submission prepared programs, and interpreted results from the pressure surveys, and submit results to AEUB within the required deadlines.
- Analyzed 12 exploration well testing in the Cardium, Dunvegan, Grande Cache, Cadomin, Boundary Lake, Charlie Lake, Halfway, and Banff Formations to study reservoir parameters, drive mechanism & reserves size.
- Familiar with OFM & DSS software, monitored reservoir and production performance, injector optimization, conformance improvement, flood pattern surveillance, and performance forecasting e.g diagnose Waterflood field existing problem, wellbore channeling and region flux due to overinjection (Hall plot, conformance plot, streamline, Hydraulic efficiency etc.)
1997 – 2002 Exploitation/Reservoir Engineer, International Company, China
- Monitored well performance, adjusting heavy oil injection water targets and predicted monthly production ration, year-end production ration. Completed separated-zone water injection plan and oilfield injection water optimization for the oil field (Member of the 1st prize of science technology)
- Production optimization- identification of work over candidate on existing wells/reservoir (perfs, change pump size, acid treatment) , perform post-well work over evaluations of projected reserves and production . Acidized to remove formation damage in Bohai Bay oil field. (Daily production rate increased 3600 bbl s, the project was awarded the first prize)
- Researched and completed a new offshore oil field 30 wells completion perforation scenarios and successful put into operation program
- Designed a new oilfield development model and program as well as economic assessments. Researched PVT and formation testing of assessment wells, determined production well open flow capacity , new oilfield development model, well patterns, well density and well spacing predicted oilfield depletion performance, sensitivity and feasibility and risk.
- Reserves evaluation and management: Updated oilfield reserves changes and the oilfield development database ; Edited semi-annual and annual oilfield production reports and annual oilfield development technology strategies report
- Research several heavy oil fields development and operation standard in Bohai Bay. Including reservoir characteristics, fluid propery, waterflooding rules, production forecasting, reserves and recovery estimation , operation strategy and development plan study
2004-2006 Master of Engineering degree in Reservoir Engineering
University of Calgary, Canada
1994-1997 Master of Science degree in Development Engineering
Daqing Petroleum University (Daqing, China)
1990-1994 Bachelor of Science degree in Production Engineering
Daqing Petroleum University (Daqing, China)
Course & Training: DST, Waterflooding, CBM Operation, Fractured Reservoir, Reservoir Engineering I, Phase Behaviour of Oil and Gas, Secondary and Tertiary Recovery, Engineering Economics, Thermal Recovery, CO2 Flooding, Horizontal Well Technology, Well Logging and Formation Evaluation, Drilling and Completion, Well Completion & Workover & Stimulation, Advanced Production Engineering, underground Gas Storage
DSS, OFM, Accumap, PVR, Peep, Energy Navigator, PasportRW, Fekete, Saphir, Virtuwell, Wellflow, REBALANCE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.