Energy Resume Energy CV of Candidate 99118. Senior Geologist with over 25 years of diverse experience in Western Alberta. Ability to analyze and map multiple formations and generate viable drilling locations and recompletions. Proven track record in both clastic and carbonate exploration and development which has resulted in significant production and reserve additions.
Major E&P CANADA
Staff Geologist, Brazeau/O’Chiese 2001-2009
- Recommended 25 Belly River, Ellerslie, Rock Creek, and Elkton-Shunda exploratory and development gas and oil wells resulting in a greater than 80% success rate.
- Executed 5 recompletions in the Belly River, Viking, Notikewin, and Ellerslie resulting in over 6.5 MMcf/d IP. Two play trends were identified for more recompletions (9) and potential development drilling.
- Successfully recommended participation in 12 J.V. operated Belly River wells in the Columbia Harlech area. The program had greater than an 80% success rate including two oil pools totaling greater than 800,000 bbl ROIP and several gas wells.
- Participated in 8 successful Rider Resources Ellerslie wells generating 12 MMcf/d IP.
- Assigned to evaluate a potential Burmis Energy acquisition and received letter of commendation for services rendered.
- Initiated and supervised summer Geologist Cardium study and successfully recommended hiring.
Senior Geologist, Southern Plains 2001-2002
- Recommended successful Bow Island gas recompletion.
- Successfully supported participation in a 1 Bcf CanHunter Glauconite gas well.
- Generated 10-15 drilling leads with 2D seismic-integrated regional Glauconite sand map.
Major Independent E&P CANADA, LTD
Senior Geologist, Exploration (West- Central Alberta) 2000-2001
- Purchased land in Brazeau which led to successful Viking corner-shot oil wells.
- Through industry contacts brought in successful foothills farm-in opportunity.
- Evaluated several land sales, acquisitions, and farm-in opportunities.
Independent E&P Exploration Ltd
Contract Geologist, Wapiti Area – Deep Basin (West-Central Alberta) 1999
- Generated several Waban and Swan Hills leads in Simonette-Karr-Gold Creek Areas.
- Successfully purchased prospective land.
- Evaluated several acquisition, joint venture, and farm-in opportunities.
- Constructed regional maps for the Wabamun, Blueridge, Nisku, Leduc and Swan Hills.
- Identified structurally controlled hydrothermal dolomization trends.
Major E&P Canada Gas Business Unit
Staff Geologist, Wapiti Area – Deep Basin (Western Alberta / Northeast BC) 1981-1999
- Recommended a nine well Cadotte / Spirit River joint drilling program adding 20 BCF RGIP.
- Team added 45 BCF WI RGIP and 13 MMcf/D WI annualized production in 1998.
- Constructed regional stratigraphic & structural maps which identified new Cadotte prospects.
- Incorporated 2D/3D seismic mapping to identify potential prospects, compartments, and drilling hazards.
Staff Geologist (Special 3-Month Project, Northwest Territories) 1997-1998
- Evaluated Island River, NWT Keg River dolomite play, Hossitl Field Analogy. Rejected proposal to develop and explore based on pool size and economics.
Staff Geologist, East Coast Exploration 1996-1997
- Generated prospects, evaluated PNV’s (Whiterose, Terra Nova, Hibernia) in Jeanne d’Arc Basin contingent on West Bonne Bay commercial well results (competitors subsequently posted and purchased land).
- Participated in well planning and operations for West Bonne Bay significant discovery well.
- Petrophysically mapped Ben Nevis/Avalon, Hibernia, & Jeanne d’Arc formations to high-grade prospects.
- Evaluated St. Pierre-Miquelon Sub-basin, Laurentian Shelf, West Newfoundland Cambro-Ordovician carbonate play (& Anticosti Island), Flemish Pass Sub-Basin for commercial oil potential.
Staff Geologist – Senior Geologist, Devonian Exploration 1987-1996
- Mapped Hanlan / Minehead Swan Hills complexes co-supported drilling 2 development wells – 1 successful (Mobil-horizontal ;> 70 Bcf), 1 non-commercial.
- Recommended 3 deep Stolberg Swan Hills wells and sparse 3D-encountered non-commercial gas/water bearing reef.
- Generated several Wabamun (Beaver Creek), Nisku pinnacle, Leduc island reef prospects. Supported Narraway sparse 3D based on 2D seismic lead, resulting in accurate trap assessment.
Senior Geologist, Deep Basin Cretaceous Clastics 1986-1987
- Mapped Northeast British Columbia (Cadotte, Spirit River, Cadomin) formations.
- Determined structural controls on Viking valley fills (Crystal, Sundance, Peco).
- Evaluated Cardium Kakwa/Ram member.
Senior Geologist, Conventional Heavy Oil Exploitation 1983-1986
- Responsible for developing and extending Lindbergh Field Lower Cummings Fm. Recommended the majority of 101 successful stacked pay conventional heavy oil wells.
- Added Clearwater, Sparky & Colony reserves and production which were previously considered non-productive.
- Adjusted log analysis pay criteria and worked with field personnel on completion techniques to minimize water production, resulting in a dramatic turn-around in oil production rates.
Petroleum Geologist, Cretaceous Shallow Gas Exploitation 1981-1983
- Integrated mapping of Colony channels in Beauvallon area and recommended participating in a successful Dome operated well (and declined participating in 3 wells, later found to be D&A).
- Mapped Pan-Alberta Lower Mannville Gas Contract Fields with integrated team (Calling Lake, Westlock, Hylo) to determine RGIP.
- Coordinated land expiration project (2.7 million acres) and recommended computer database upgrades.
Geologist, Frontier-Keg River Oil Exploration 1981
- Amoco Senex/Panny exploratory well recommendation (J&A); field discovery.
Summer Geologist, Frontier-Mackenzie Basin Field Evaluation 1980
Exploration Technologist, Elmworth and Whitecourt Areas 1976-1978
- Wellsite geology; cross-sections and map construction
Bachelor of Science (Specialization in Geology) with Distinction, 1981
University of Alberta, 2 Awards
Certificate in Petroleum Resources, 1976
Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, 2 Awards
Accumap; Acculogs; Surfer
Landmark Stratworks; Zmap+;
Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists (CSPG)
American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)
Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGGA)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.