Energy Resume Energy CV Senior Reservoir Engineer experienced in Drilling, Completion, Production and Operations
Intelli-Source Candidate # NA-1295479029
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- · Diversified petroleum engineering experience including Reservoir, Drilling, Completion, Production, and Operations.
- · Reservoir management, pressure transient analysis, fluid property analysis, numerical reservoir simulation, reservoir characterization, understanding of surface/facility issues, and excellent knowledge of production engineering.
- · Extensive experience with decline curve, volumetric, and material balance reserve evaluation, surveillance analysis, nodal analysis, and well test analysis.
- · Strong experience in optimization of mature fields, field development planning, well performance forecast and modeling, forecast production and reserve estimation, risk and economic analysis.
- · Experience with open and cased hole log analysis.
- · Uncommon organizational skills to plan and execute studies.
- · Excellent communication skills-written, verbal, and presentation.
- · Remarkable ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams consisting of drilling, completion, reservoir, and production engineers.
Contract Petroleum Engineer 2009 – Present
Developed program to return 400 Panhandle Field wells to production for a small independent oil company that purchased 17 leases in Carson and Hutchinson County, Texas. Determined repair work of production equipment ranging from tank batteries, flowlines, pumping units tubing, rods, and downhole pumps needed to return wells to production. Prepared detailed workover procedures including additional perforations, stimulation, cost estimates, and established priorities for returning inactive wells to production. Reactivation of first ten wells increased production from 20 BOPD & 50 MCFD to over 50 BOPD and 125 MCFD at a cost of $6,500 per well.
Consulting Engineer 1994 – 2009
Worked with Sol Smith Petroleum Engineer Inc. in Austin, Texas. Prepared Railroad Commission research, walk-through permitting, State agency research, and regulatory compliance reviews. Provided turn-key saltwater disposal permitting, production and completion report filing, and other professional services and consulting.
Worked with various civil engineering firms and municipalities throughout Central Texas. Designed streets, drainage, and piping required for fresh water and sewer systems for residential and municipal projects. Prepared construction drawings, cost estimates, and engineering reports for City, County, State, and Federal regulatory approval. Reviewed and prepared comments for proposed Planned Development Districts (PDD), annexation, preliminary and final plats, subdivision/site development, and site development plans for compliance with City, County, State, and Federal regulation and acceptable engineering practices. Provided office and field engineering support for all approved water, wastewater, street, and drainage capital improvement projects funded by certificate of obligations. Reviewed and recommended payment for all consulting engineering and construction contract pay requests. Managed and directed daily activity of City’s engineering and inspection personnel.
Senior Petroleum Engineer for J.M. Huber 1982-1994
Provided reservoir, production, drilling, remedial, and completion engineering for all phases of well production from drilling, completion, remedial and workover, and abandonment operations. Worked closely with exploration department to determine potential reserves and economic evaluation of exploration prospects and property acquisitions. Prepared well drilling prognosis specifying total drilling depths, casing sizes, cement and drilling mud programs to allow well to be drilled in accordance to the latest Field and Statewide Rules. Prepared recompletion, workover recommendations and procedures, property evaluations, reservoir studies, reserve and production forecasts, economic analysis, and plugging procedures for company’s exploration and production activities. Evaluated downhole electric logs, determined perforation intervals, and made casing point election recommendations Evaluated producing properties to identify potential unexploited reserves. Worked with engineering consultants on special projects and preparation of annual company reserve reports. Monitored daily production and prepared workover and re-completion procedures to improve production. Worked with production foremen to reduce monthly operating expenses. Prepared final well analysis for marginally economic oil and gas wells. For wells with no uphole recompletion or stimulation potential, recommendations were made to either plug and abandon the property or place it for sale.
Production Engineer for Conoco and Tenneco 1976-1982
Provided a broad scope of subsurface and production engineering in conjunction with exploration and other departments to help maximize the company’s profitability through maintaining production levels and minimizing operating expenses in a safe and environmentally sound manner. Evaluated and recommended downhole corrosion prevention, artificial lift optimization, surface facility expansion, chemical treatment optimization, compression, and automation. Prepared well Repair & Maintenance and workover procedures, cost estimates, project economics, and AFE documentation for submittal to management. Provided onsite technical support to ensure quality control during critical operations such as logging, perforating, cement squeezing, and stimulation. Provided onsite supervision of all special well work operations from drilling to plugging. Ensured compliance with all company policies, procedures and plans with federal, state and local regulations.
COMPUTER SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE
- · MBAL and Oil Water Gas Water Material Balance software.
- · POGO/PROPHET/ARIES/PEEP Economics
- · OFM (Oil Field Manger) Schlumberger software.
- · Knowledge of Saphire, PanSystem, and Welltest 200 Well Test Analysis software
- · Open & Cased Hole Log Analysis Programs
- · FlowMaster Pressure Pipe Design
- · MSWord, Excel, AutoCAD software, 2
Oklahoma State University,
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- · Received major oil company training in reservoir engineering, water flooding operations, artificial lift equipment selection, production system design, open and cased hole logging programs and interpretation, completion and remedial procedures, acidizing and fracturing stimulation techniques, technical writing, and economic analysis.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.