Outstanding opportunity for an experienced Geoscientist for a major energy firm. This leading organization offers an excellent total compensation package including full benefits and relocation.
|Essential Job Duties:|
|• Work as an individual contributor in a team of geoscientists tasked with discovering new petroleum reserves.
• Integrate rock, well log, and seismic data to evaluate lithology and formation boundaries, and to characterize potential pay zones.
• Prepare isopach, structure, facies, and reservoir property maps and cross-sections to support assessment efforts.
• Incorporate interpretations into evaluations of petroleum systems and generate risk assessments of reservoir, trap, seal and charge.
• Prepare volumetric assessments and participate in economic evaluations.
• Present geologic interpretations, prospects and leads to colleagues and managers and provide recommendations for next steps.
• Manage paper and electronic data with the business rules prescribed by the business unit.
• Carry out work in accordance with HES and Code of Business Conduct guidelines.
|• B.S. Degree in Geology
• At least 5 years of experience as a petroleum geologist.
• Strong practical working knowledge in the application of technical principles, theories and concepts to evaluate exploration potential and identify prospects and leads.
• Familiarity with well log analysis, seismic interpretation, well-based cross-sections, geologic mapping, and 3D geologic modeling concepts and tools.
• Demonstrated knowledge of drilling and well logging operations and experience in planning and monitoring exploration wells.
• Familiarity with petroleum basin analysis, petroleum systems and basin modeling.
• Strong computer skills and the ability to quickly learn new software. Proficiency with Landmark, ArcGis, Hampson-Russell, BasinMod and Petrel software is desirable.
• Ability to communicate information, evaluations, and recommendations in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in written format.
• Strong people skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment and interact with a multi-national workforce.
• Self-starter with good time management skills and a strong desire to deliver superior results.
• Excellent English language skills (written and spoken).
• Able to travel as required for meetings with staff and with partners.
|Additional Desired Qualifications:Masters Preferred|
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.