Energy Resume Energy CV Experienced Bilingual Spanish Reservoir Engineer MBA Open to International Opportunities
Energy Resume Energy CV of Candidate 10401. Twelve 12 year Reservoir Engineer versed in Production Engineering as well. Primary focus on economic evaluation for major projects in deep water, onshore, conventional and unconventional areas. Complete understanding of all aspects of Reservoir Engineering. Willing to consider opportunity globally.
Major Worldwide E&P, Calgary, Canada
Reservoir Engineering –Deep Basin Unconventional Gas
June 2009 – current
- Project Manager for unconventional resources. Responsible for the capital execution of the development and exploration capital budget.
- Responsible for the development plan and economic evaluation of holdings for major field.
- Managed all exploration and development projects in Alberta and British Columbia.
- Responsible for mineral land continuation packages and land expiries.
Reservoir Engineering –Shallow Gas
July 2007 – June 2009
- Responsible for all shallow gas activities within the SE Alberta, for several formations.
- Project manager for Shallow Gas drilling program, consisting of 98 wells at 28 M$ gross
- Responsible for budget management, technical and economic analysis of all shallow gas initiatives (operated and non-operated).
Feb 2006-July 2007
- Performed decline curve analysis and pool studies to manage well recompletions.
- Run IPR analysis to optimize well production. Evaluated and recommended artificial lift systems.
- Booked reserves based on volumetrics, decline curve analysis and offsetting well trends.
- Managed the inactive well project, making decision on reactivation, recompletion or abandonment of all wells.
Achievements: Completed the Shallow Gas program in record time and under budget.
Major Software Development Company, Calgary
Business Analysis – Mosaic application
- Provided customer support (economic evaluation and reserves booking) for the Mosaic product, including database conversion, installation, initial setup and general support.
- Run economic evaluations for clients (Shiningbank, Provident)
- Provided input to the development team for testing and new functionality for Mosaic.
Achievements: Helped to establish a great product image by providing outstanding customer service.
Mid Sized E&P Argentina SA, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Performed deterministic and stochastic economic evaluations for existing assets (onshore and offshore) and for new ventures.
- Optimized corporate-wide portfolio evaluation system and asset evaluation model using risk analysis techniques.
- Trained and mentor junior staff in statistics, valuation, cash flow analysis and risk analysis.
Achievements: By optimizing the economic evaluations process, its frequency was reduced fromonce every two months to once every month. Mentored and trained employees who are now responsible for project evaluations.
Business Plans Development
- Developed business plans for oil & gas upstream assets worth 300 MUS$ in a multidisciplinary team environment, working closely with geologists, reservoir engineers, facilities engineers and accountants.
- Presented business plans to Board of Directors along with capital budget requirements for approval.
Achievements: Created business plans for exploratory and producing key producing assets and presented to the Board of Directors.
Major International Service Company, Buenos Aires , Argentina
- Managed and upgraded a Linear Programming and Mixed Integer Programming model (86k equations and 215k variables) to optimize and analyze business cases and produce budget forecasts (monthly, yearly, and 5-year).
- Created and managed econometric models (time series analysis) to forecast natural gas consumption, using historical data and economic variables.
Achievements: Managed a complex simulation model, challenging historic business paradigms and provided innovative solutions and business practices. The Team won the 2003 Commercial award, competing with projects from worldwide assets.
Major International E&P, Argentina
Production engineering – Artificial lift systems
- Selected artificial lift systems for high temperature, high gas-oil ratio applications.
- Analyzed IPR curves and reported performance on a monthly basis.
- Managed 15 oil wells with average productivity of 2,800 bopd per well.
- On multidisciplinary teams to increase oil production and lower lifting cost.
- Co-responsible for production improvement program, including re-perforation, acid stimulation and bottom hole equipment optimization.
Achievements: Valued member of multidisciplinary team committed to improve extraction conditions. Extended life-in-hole from 4 weeks to 4 months. Solved gas locking and corrosion pump failures.
- Assisted Exploitation Manager in dealing with oil plants and compressor station operation. Duties included coordination of 6 – 8 maintenance crews, 3 construction contractors, and responsibility for hot operations inside plant premises.
Achievements: Proved a “dependable team worker, who faced a huge challenge in managing day-today plant operations when it was most needed” as quoted by former Exploitation Manager.
Mechanical Engineer, 1998
ITBA, Buenos Aires Institute of Technology
CEMA University, Buenos Aires, Argentina