Energy Resume Energy CV of Candidate NA-9379487443 E & P Oil and Gas Revenue Royalty Accounting Manager
Candidate # NA-9379487443
Confidential Royalty Company (E&P)
Financial Accounting, Reporting Manager 1/2008 – 5/2009
- Supervise 5 accountants, prepare monthly closing schedule for accounting department,
- Evaluate and prepare Amortization schedules, Lease Operating Statement to Production/Engineering group.
- Evaluate non-equity investor sub-ledger and audit schedules and maintain reconciliation to GL for 20 investment companies.
- Calculate and verify investor dividends to pay-out status. Process dividend disbursements, issue annual 1099’s.
- Reconcile property detail ledgers in each entity. Clear acquisition, divestiture control GL accounts.
- Evaluate and prepare multiple consolidated financial statements for monthly closing including supporting schedules and documents for presentation to partners, auditing group and investors.
- Supervise cash/bank statement reconciliations and interface with Treasury and bank functions.
Confidential Major Independent 6/2006 – 12/2007
Joint Interest Billing Manager
- Perform all billing functions for properties, prospects, facilities and cost centers.
- Produce monthly Lease Operating Statement reporting to 5 district managers. Review and establish system functions within the Joint Interest Billing and ownership distribution maintenance areas.
- Administer project based Authority for Expenditure budgeting/cost process and reporting.
Confidential Mid-Sized Independent 11/1989 - 6/2006
Decision Support Analyst (2001-2006)
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed software (Enertia)system to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Assist in planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Lead SOX compliance evaluation team process. Develop and implement SOX compliant components of Enertia software.
- Manage $1 million dollar application development budget with Enertia and Chaparral management teams.
- Meet with decision makers, system owners, and end users to define business requirements and system functionalities.
- Approve deliverables, participate in project planning meetings and identify corresponding trade-offs.
- Create system design proposals and ensure projects adhere to scope.
- Keep management informed of project progress, status, cost and escalating issues. Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users and unit leaders.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Corporate Trainer.
- Manage migration from SSI Oil and Gas system to Enertia Software system.
- Manage two internal conversions due to system operational modifications made by software vendor. Manage two external data conversion due to acquisition and mergers of internal entities.
General Ledger/Financial Reporting Manager (1999-2001)
- Supervised partnership accounting and reporting for a $75 million dollar partnership with GE Capital, including monthly Lease Operating Statement data uploading to their website.
- Responsible for the financial reporting, data modeling and general ledger accounting for seven entities including daily entries, closings, and accruals (revenue, production volumes, Lease Operating Expenses, etc.).
- Managed the Treasury functions including daily cash reporting, wire transactions, sweeps, ZBA’s, cash account reconciliations and cash projections.
- Supervised three General Ledger accountants.
Joint Interest Billing Manager (1989-1999)
- Supervised billing for 1,066 operated wells, 1,870 outside operated wells, 12 field offices, 22 facilities and 125 profit center producing 5,100 invoices monthly.
- Supervised and maintained internal audits, Authority For Expenditure costs and budgeting setup, maintenance and all function reporting.
- Administer capital expenditure payouts, property detail ledgers, property acquisition payouts and sub-ledger analysis and account reconciliations to the GL.
- Produced monthly and quarterly Lease Operating reports, Lifting Cost
- Analysis, Authority for Expenditure budget/variance reporting for the Engineering/Production group.
- Supervise three Joint Interest Billing accountants, four AP accountants and one file clerk.
- Worked directly with Engineering/Production management to resolve invoice expenditure coding and departmental accounting procedural issues.
Trinity College & University
Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, SSI Oil and Gas, BOLO Oil and Gas, Integra Oil and Gas, Enertia Oil and Gas, EDI, SQL and Access report writer. Data file importing/exporting. Familiar with CODE, GRADE, CDEX and SCADA file formats.